Wednesday, January 20, 2010
It’s been three years since the terrible night Emily Ramsey suffered a double tragedy—the death of her sister and the disappearance of her fiancé. She deserves another chance at happiness, and gentle, adorable Zach Sullivan is the perfect man to mend her shattered heart. But from the moment Emily opens the hand-carved box holding a glittering diamond solitaire, she’s seized by an unshakeable fear: she’s going to lose Zach.
That’s exactly what Monica, Zach’s ex-girlfriend, is banking on. Bitter with envy, Monica will stop at nothing to sabotage Zach and Emily’s romance. Troubling notes show up in Emily’s mailbox, fanning the flames of suspicion. A bloody photograph sends her reeling. But when someone is brutally murdered, will Emily be able to escape suspicion and the possibility that she might be next?
Whitney Award–winning author Stephanie Black treats readers to another of her brilliantly thrilling stories that will leave the reader no choice but to keep reading well past the stroke of midnight.
Fear struck Emily Ramsey with such force that she couldn’t move. Her body was stone, as cold and hard as the diamond that glittered against the velvet lining of the wooden ring box.
She was going to lose him.
Zachary Sullivan smiled at her, his cinnamon-brown hair blasted by the wind so it stood straight up from his forehead. “I know it’s not exactly the Hope Diamond, but hey—you know all about schoolteachers’ salaries.”
Willing herself to relax, Emily dug her toes into the sand and drew a deep breath of briny air. “I wouldn’t want the Hope Diamond. It’s cursed. And this is gorgeous.”
“You don’t sound too sure.” The teasing note in Zach’s voice disappeared with his next words. “Or are you having second thoughts about taking me along with the ring?”
“No second thoughts.” She rotated the box and studied the delicate wooden inlays forming a daisy on the lid. “The box is as beautiful as the ring. How long did it take you to make this?”
He smiled and shrugged. “I thought you could use one more thing for your daisy collection.”
Emily smiled back. She’d never told him that every daisy-themed item in her apartment had been a gift from Tricia. Daisies had been Tricia’s trademark.
She reached to take the diamond solitaire from the box, but her fingers trembled. She lowered her hand rather than risk dropping the ring into the sand.
“You’re shaking.” Zach took the ring box and set it on top of the picnic hamper. “You okay, Em?”
Stephanie Black has loved books since she was old enough to grab the pages, and has enjoyed creating make-believe adventures since she and her sisters were inventing long Barbie games filled with intrigue and danger. Her first novel, a futuristic thriller called The Believer, was published by Covenant Communications in 2005. Her contemporary suspense novel, Fool Me Twice, was a 2008 Whitney Award winner for Best Mystery/Suspense. Methods of Madness is her third book. Her fourth novel, Cold As Ice, will be released in August 2010.
Win your free copy of Methods of Madness by Stephanie Black.
Must be a follower of the blog to enter.
1 entry for sharing why you love being terrified by a good suspense novel.
2 entries for sharing the current giveaway on Twitter or Facebook (please provide a link)
4 entries for posting about the current giveaway or the month-long contest on your personal blog or putting it on your sidebar. If you post about the overall contest, please let me know which book you'd like your extra entries put towards. (please provide a link)
Please include an e-mail address or other contact info.
Contest closes February 4th.
Contest open to residents of U.S. and Canada.
Friday we'll be giving away Altered State by Gregg Luke. See you then!
Powered by Blogger.
- ► 2017 (32)
- ► 2016 (68)
- ► 2015 (93)
- ► 2014 (124)
- ► 2013 (199)
- ► 2012 (158)
- ► 2011 (85)
- Book Giveaway - Love Your Body by Brooke Parker
- Winner - My Son, John
- Book Giveaway - All the Stars in Heaven by Michele...
- Winner - Altared Plans
- Book Giveaway - The Pigpen by Kevin Krogh
- Book Giveaway - Torn Apart by Diony George
- Winner - Loyalty's Web
- Winner - Chickens in the Headlights
- Book Giveaway - Women of Virtue by Jodi Robinson
- Winner - Guided by Him to a Thinner, Not-So Stress...
- Book Giveaway - A Tapestry of Spells by Lynn Kurla...
- Book Giveaway - Altered State by Gregg Luke
- Winner - Where the Wind Blows
- One Lovely Blog Award
- Book Giveaway - Methods of Madness by Stephanie Bl...
- Winner - 101 Gourmet Cupcakes
- Book Giveaway - Counting the Cost by Liz Adair
- Book Giveaway - The Sister Pact by Cami Checketts
- Win Discipline Me Right by Mary Simmons
- Giveaway - My Son, John by Kathi Macias
- Altared Plans by Rebecca Talley
- Win Loyalty's Web by Joyce DiPastena
- Win Chickens in the Headlights by Matthew Buckley
- Book Giveaway - Guided by Him to a Thinner, Not so...
- Book Giveaway - Where the Wind Blows
- 101 Gourmet Cupcakes Giveaway
- Happy New Year
- ▼ January (27)
My Favorite Sites
- My Devotional Thoughts
- I'd Rather Be Reading At The Beach
- I Am a Reader Not a Writer
- My Book a Day
- Blooming with Books
- We All Make Mistakes in Books
- Read Your Writes
- Brooklyn Berry Designs
- Fitness for Mom
- Getting Your Read On
- A Booklover Forever
- Amber Argyle
- Charity Writes
- Jen's Blog of Random Thoughts
- Cheryl's Book Nook
- Janet Jensen
- Diony George
- Rachelle Writes
- Good Clean Reads
- Lo Johnston Writing
- Rachel Ann Nunes, Author
- Socrates Book Reviews
- Jill Will Run
- The Book Bug
- The Book Journey
- Caution Redhead Running
- I Have Run
- Always Training Trio
- Hungry Runner Girl
- If I can't convince you - I'll atleast confuse you
- Just Me & My Running Shoes
- Just Trying is for Little Girls
- Larissa Milano Fitness
- Literary Time Out
- Miss Mae
- Mom and More
- Tristi Pinkston, LDS Author
- Pam's Wildrose Blog
- Reading with Monie
- Make it Simple Sister
- a journey in the shoes of a foodie, athlete & wife
- Run Fast Mommy
- Raketer Mama
- The Balanced Writer
- Princess Runs
- Tall Mom on the Run
- Running Diva Mom
- Running Rachel