Saturday, January 16, 2010
Savannah Compton is devastated when her sister and best friend, Allison, falls into a coma after a tragic accident. Or was it an accident? Even with a charming and handsome detective at her side, it seems Savannah may never discover the truth. But if she doesn’t her family could be in even more danger. And Savannah’s past holds its own secrets that could change everything.
Now she must prove her innocence to the one person who is beginning to matter most. Join Savannah as she struggles to summon faith and rely on hope, even in the darkest of circumstances, and learn how the bond between sisters can overcome anything.
Wesley Richins dimmed the lights, inching to a stop across the street from his target’s two-story house. The Hummer was loud. Too loud. He cut the motor and peered out his windshield. Light radiated from the interior of the house, spilling onto the porch and yard. He couldn’t see the woman. He waited.
Minutes later he received his reward, a glimpse of her at the kitchen window. She filled a glass with water and handed it to her baby.
Wes licked his lips. His eyes devoured her: Dark hair, olive skin, sparkling brown eyes. His heartbeat increased. Three weeks. His fingers tapped a staccato on the steering wheel. Three weeks of watching and waiting. He wrapped his palm around the wheel. Tonight was the payoff.
She walked from the kitchen and moments later passed the panes of glass adorning her front door. A glance at the clock confirmed his wait was almost over—nine p.m., bedtime for her son. He rubbed his hands together. He’d give her some time to relax and then make his appearance.
How would she react? He tilted the rearview mirror and grinned at his reflection. What a dumb question. How did every woman react to him?
Win your free copy of The Sister Pact
Must be a follower of the blog to enter
1 Entry for sharing why you love your sister (and sister can mean s-i-l, best friend, cousin, etc.)
2 Entries for sharing the contest on Twitter or Facebook
4 Entries for sharing the contest on your personal blog or placing it on your sidebar
Please let me know a link if you shared the contest.
Please include your name and an e-mail address or other way I can contact you.
Contest closes February 1, 2010.
Contest is open to residents of the U.S. and Canada.
On Monday, January 18th, I'll be spotlighting and giving away Counting the Cost by Liz Adair. See you then,
Powered by Blogger.
- ► 2017 (39)
- ► 2016 (68)
- ► 2015 (93)
- ► 2014 (124)
- ► 2013 (199)
- ► 2012 (158)
- ► 2011 (85)
- Book Giveaway - Love Your Body by Brooke Parker
- Winner - My Son, John
- Book Giveaway - All the Stars in Heaven by Michele...
- Winner - Altared Plans
- Book Giveaway - The Pigpen by Kevin Krogh
- Book Giveaway - Torn Apart by Diony George
- Winner - Loyalty's Web
- Winner - Chickens in the Headlights
- Book Giveaway - Women of Virtue by Jodi Robinson
- Winner - Guided by Him to a Thinner, Not-So Stress...
- Book Giveaway - A Tapestry of Spells by Lynn Kurla...
- Book Giveaway - Altered State by Gregg Luke
- Winner - Where the Wind Blows
- One Lovely Blog Award
- Book Giveaway - Methods of Madness by Stephanie Bl...
- Winner - 101 Gourmet Cupcakes
- Book Giveaway - Counting the Cost by Liz Adair
- Book Giveaway - The Sister Pact by Cami Checketts
- Win Discipline Me Right by Mary Simmons
- Giveaway - My Son, John by Kathi Macias
- Altared Plans by Rebecca Talley
- Win Loyalty's Web by Joyce DiPastena
- Win Chickens in the Headlights by Matthew Buckley
- Book Giveaway - Guided by Him to a Thinner, Not so...
- Book Giveaway - Where the Wind Blows
- 101 Gourmet Cupcakes Giveaway
- Happy New Year
- ▼ January (27)
My Favorite Sites
- My Devotional Thoughts
- I'd Rather Be Reading At The Beach
- I Am a Reader Not a Writer
- My Book a Day
- Blooming with Books
- We All Make Mistakes in Books
- Read Your Writes
- Brooklyn Berry Designs
- Fitness for Mom
- Getting Your Read On
- A Booklover Forever
- Amber Argyle
- Charity Writes
- Jen's Blog of Random Thoughts
- Cheryl's Book Nook
- Janet Jensen
- Diony George
- Rachelle Writes
- Good Clean Reads
- Lo Johnston Writing
- Rachel Ann Nunes, Author
- Socrates Book Reviews
- Jill Will Run
- The Book Bug
- The Book Journey
- Caution Redhead Running
- I Have Run
- Always Training Trio
- Hungry Runner Girl
- If I can't convince you - I'll atleast confuse you
- Just Me & My Running Shoes
- Just Trying is for Little Girls
- Larissa Milano Fitness
- Literary Time Out
- Miss Mae
- Mom and More
- Tristi Pinkston, LDS Author
- Pam's Wildrose Blog
- Reading with Monie
- Make it Simple Sister
- a journey in the shoes of a foodie, athlete & wife
- Run Fast Mommy
- Raketer Mama
- The Balanced Writer
- Princess Runs
- Tall Mom on the Run
- Running Diva Mom
- Running Rachel