Monday, January 4, 2010
Two hearts meant to be together;
One secret bound to rip them apart.
Chase Logan liked being a loner, a drifter, free and clear as a mountain stream. But one look into Jessie Strong's sky blue eyes and in the span of a heartbeat, he found himself agreeing to be her husband-and a father!
Jessie Strong knew it was all pretend. And only temporary. Just until the adoption went through for three-year-old Sarah. But the longer Chase stayed, the less she could imagine a long, lonely Wyoming winter without him. Times may be tough-supplies short and danger just outside the doorstep-but with the strength of the pioneer spirit and the warm glow of love in their hearts, Chase and Jessie are determined to have a true family at last, no matter WHERE THE WIND BLOWS.
A COWBOY'S PROPOSAL
The silence stretched between them.
Jessie stepped over to the bed and pulled up the covers. She patted and fluffed until Chase cleared his throat.
"I've been circling this thing for hours. All night, in fact," Chase said with a sigh.
"I can't believe this is happening now after you were so good to come back to help me. For nothing. For nothing at all. This is what you get in return for your kindness."
With a glance, Chase interrupted her. "I couldn't help hearing your conversation with Mrs. Hollyhock. You don't really like being forced into this sham, any more than I do. But I don't want to see you lose Sarah, either. And even more, I don't want Sarah to lose you. I've become fond of her, and the thought of her being motherless after just being reunited. It's not something I want haunting me."
"Chase, I can't let you do this," Jessie said. "I'll work it out myself, somehow."
"Let me finish." Again Chase was struck by how young she was, and by all the hardships she'd already faced alone. "I think I have an answer that can work for both of us." He paused to think the idea through his head one more time. "We'll get married today."
Where The Wind Blows
*Golden Heart Winner
I met Caroline Fyffe last year at the Utah RWA fall conference where she won first prize in not one but two categories. She is a lovely person and an amazing writer. It's been so fun to watch her writing career skyrocket with a Golden Heart win and many other recognitions of how fabulous she writes.
Enter to win your free copy of Where the Wind Blows.
Must be a follower of my blog to enter.
1 entry for sharing a New Year's Resolution
2 entries for sharing the current giveaway on Twitter or Facebook (please provide a link)
4 entries for posting about the current giveaway or the month-long contest on your personal blog or putting it on your sidebar. If you post about the overall contest, please let me know which book you'd like your extra entries put towards. (please provide a link)
Please include an e-mail address or other contact info.
Contest closes January 19th.
Contest open to residents of U.S. and Canada.
This contest is now closed.
Best of luck friends. On Wednesday, January 6th, I'll be spotlighting and giving away, Guided by Him to a Thinner Not So Stressed-Out You! by Julie Morris.
Powered by Blogger.
- ► 2016 (68)
- ► 2015 (93)
- ► 2014 (124)
- ► 2013 (199)
- ► 2012 (158)
- ► 2011 (85)
- Book Giveaway - Love Your Body by Brooke Parker
- Winner - My Son, John
- Book Giveaway - All the Stars in Heaven by Michele...
- Winner - Altared Plans
- Book Giveaway - The Pigpen by Kevin Krogh
- Book Giveaway - Torn Apart by Diony George
- Winner - Loyalty's Web
- Winner - Chickens in the Headlights
- Book Giveaway - Women of Virtue by Jodi Robinson
- Winner - Guided by Him to a Thinner, Not-So Stress...
- Book Giveaway - A Tapestry of Spells by Lynn Kurla...
- Book Giveaway - Altered State by Gregg Luke
- Winner - Where the Wind Blows
- One Lovely Blog Award
- Book Giveaway - Methods of Madness by Stephanie Bl...
- Winner - 101 Gourmet Cupcakes
- Book Giveaway - Counting the Cost by Liz Adair
- Book Giveaway - The Sister Pact by Cami Checketts
- Win Discipline Me Right by Mary Simmons
- Giveaway - My Son, John by Kathi Macias
- Altared Plans by Rebecca Talley
- Win Loyalty's Web by Joyce DiPastena
- Win Chickens in the Headlights by Matthew Buckley
- Book Giveaway - Guided by Him to a Thinner, Not so...
- Book Giveaway - Where the Wind Blows
- 101 Gourmet Cupcakes Giveaway
- Happy New Year
- ▼ January (27)
My Favorite Sites
- My Devotional Thoughts
- I'd Rather Be Reading At The Beach
- I Am a Reader Not a Writer
- My Book a Day
- Blooming with Books
- We All Make Mistakes in Books
- Read Your Writes
- Brooklyn Berry Designs
- Fitness for Mom
- Getting Your Read On
- A Booklover Forever
- Amber Argyle
- Charity Writes
- Jen's Blog of Random Thoughts
- Cheryl's Book Nook
- Janet Jensen
- Diony George
- Rachelle Writes
- Good Clean Reads
- Lo Johnston Writing
- Rachel Ann Nunes, Author
- Socrates Book Reviews
- Jill Will Run
- The Book Bug
- The Book Journey
- Caution Redhead Running
- I Have Run
- Always Training Trio
- Hungry Runner Girl
- If I can't convince you - I'll atleast confuse you
- Just Me & My Running Shoes
- Just Trying is for Little Girls
- Larissa Milano Fitness
- Literary Time Out
- Miss Mae
- Mom and More
- Tristi Pinkston, LDS Author
- Pam's Wildrose Blog
- Reading with Monie
- Make it Simple Sister
- a journey in the shoes of a foodie, athlete & wife
- Run Fast Mommy
- Raketer Mama
- The Balanced Writer
- Princess Runs
- Tall Mom on the Run
- Running Diva Mom
- Running Rachel