Monday, January 25, 2010
We talk about Virtue. We even think we know what it's all about. But do we? How does Virtue tie into beauty and self-esteem? There is such a thing as the beauty of virtue and it is the secret to feeling good about ourselves, both in how we look and who we are. In a world that has convinced women that they must look like supermodels to be considered beautiful, self-esteems and self-worth are suffering greatly. Jodi Robinson's book, Women of Virtue teaches correct principles based on LDS Church doctrine that connects virtue with beauty. There is beauty in virtue. And it is the kind of beauty that is felt with the heart not seen with the eyes. It's far more powerful than anything the magazines are selling. Women of Virtue is perfect for women of all ages. Jodi' presentation has been given more than 30 times since January 2009 to groups in Utah, California, and Idaho. To invite her speak, email her at email@example.com or visit her blog at www.jodimarierobinson.blogspot.com.
What readers are saying:
When I read your book, I have to tell you how much it helped me to have a better self-image. I was so uplifting and helped me remember my true potential as a daughter of God. I bought copies for my sisters and daughters, and even sent one to my daughter on a mission in Paraguay to read with her companion. I love to have it as a reference, because it is so easy to open and read a chapter, and it is all such a great reminder that I don't have to sit and read the whole thing again. Thanks for making in a difference in so many lives. Love, Kathy, Utah"
First of all, I would like to apologize for not having written sooner. You spoke at at my Young Women's in Excellence'. Your book is a gift to all women, so I hope you keep writing. Your book really touched my heart, and I just want to, again, thank you so, so much. Sincerely, Elizabeth, California"
I had a great conversation with my wife and daughter after attending your workshop. I think I understand better what they're going through. As a father and husband, I thank you. Sincerely, David, father of four daughters"
Women of Virtue is available at Deseret Book, www.amazon.com, www.barnesandnoble.com. Request it at Seagull Book.
Win an autographed copy of Women of Virtue
Must be a follower of the blog to enter.
1 entry for sharing your thoughts on virtue
2 entries for sharing the current giveaway on Twitter or Facebook (please provide a link)
4 entries for posting about the current giveaway or the month-long contest on your personal blog or putting it on your sidebar. If you post about the overall contest, please let me know which book you'd like your extra entries put towards. (please provide a link)
Please include an e-mail address or other contact info.
Contest closes February 9th.
Contest open to residents of U.S. and Canada.
Join us on Wednesday. I'll be giving away, Torn Apart, by Diony George.
Powered by Blogger.
- ► 2017 (59)
- ► 2016 (68)
- ► 2015 (93)
- ► 2014 (124)
- ► 2013 (199)
- ► 2012 (158)
- ► 2011 (85)
- Book Giveaway - Love Your Body by Brooke Parker
- Winner - My Son, John
- Book Giveaway - All the Stars in Heaven by Michele...
- Winner - Altared Plans
- Book Giveaway - The Pigpen by Kevin Krogh
- Book Giveaway - Torn Apart by Diony George
- Winner - Loyalty's Web
- Winner - Chickens in the Headlights
- Book Giveaway - Women of Virtue by Jodi Robinson
- Winner - Guided by Him to a Thinner, Not-So Stress...
- Book Giveaway - A Tapestry of Spells by Lynn Kurla...
- Book Giveaway - Altered State by Gregg Luke
- Winner - Where the Wind Blows
- One Lovely Blog Award
- Book Giveaway - Methods of Madness by Stephanie Bl...
- Winner - 101 Gourmet Cupcakes
- Book Giveaway - Counting the Cost by Liz Adair
- Book Giveaway - The Sister Pact by Cami Checketts
- Win Discipline Me Right by Mary Simmons
- Giveaway - My Son, John by Kathi Macias
- Altared Plans by Rebecca Talley
- Win Loyalty's Web by Joyce DiPastena
- Win Chickens in the Headlights by Matthew Buckley
- Book Giveaway - Guided by Him to a Thinner, Not so...
- Book Giveaway - Where the Wind Blows
- 101 Gourmet Cupcakes Giveaway
- Happy New Year
- ▼ January (27)
My Favorite Sites
- My Devotional Thoughts
- I'd Rather Be Reading At The Beach
- I Am a Reader Not a Writer
- My Book a Day
- Blooming with Books
- We All Make Mistakes in Books
- Read Your Writes
- Brooklyn Berry Designs
- Fitness for Mom
- Getting Your Read On
- A Booklover Forever
- Amber Argyle
- Charity Writes
- Jen's Blog of Random Thoughts
- Cheryl's Book Nook
- Janet Jensen
- Diony George
- Rachelle Writes
- Good Clean Reads
- Lo Johnston Writing
- Rachel Ann Nunes, Author
- Socrates Book Reviews
- Jill Will Run
- The Book Bug
- The Book Journey
- Caution Redhead Running
- I Have Run
- Always Training Trio
- Hungry Runner Girl
- If I can't convince you - I'll atleast confuse you
- Just Me & My Running Shoes
- Just Trying is for Little Girls
- Larissa Milano Fitness
- Literary Time Out
- Miss Mae
- Mom and More
- Tristi Pinkston, LDS Author
- Pam's Wildrose Blog
- Reading with Monie
- Make it Simple Sister
- a journey in the shoes of a foodie, athlete & wife
- Run Fast Mommy
- Raketer Mama
- The Balanced Writer
- Princess Runs
- Tall Mom on the Run
- Running Diva Mom
- Running Rachel