Wednesday, November 7, 2012
From figuring out how to pass the sacrament to failing miserably at capture the flag, Andrew’s convinced he’ll never be able to fulfill his duties as a new deacon, not to mention keeping up with all his Boy Scout training.
But when Andrew’s first-ever backpacking trip takes a disastrous turn, the whole troop will have to learn how to be strong in spite of their shortcomings. Now the race is on to save their leader and prove they’re stronger than they look.
This hilarious coming-of-age story is full of humor and heart. It's an entertaining read that’s sure to strike a chord with young men, parents, and leaders alike!
“Epic Tales of a Misfit Hero” is a heart-warming book. It has several humorous moments that all Boy Scouts can relate to. Most importantly it has several spiritual moments that will teach youngsters what it means to rely on the Lord.” -- Shelby Scoffield, Deseret News
“I am a 14 yr old scout and I think this book is awesome! I have already read it two times and I am going to start again! I love how it is full of humor, adventure, and is so realistic. This is definitely the best book I have ever read!” -- Amazon Review
“I loved the characters and all the clever wording. It was the perfect combination of humor, adventure, and spirituality. Made me a little sad that I never got to go on a scout campout.” -- Amazon Review
Because life has been crazy I asked the author if he would mind if my 13yo read and reviewed this book. He thought that was a great idea. Here's what Denver had to say:
"The book was funny and was exactly how we are (meaning 12-13yo Scouts). I thought it was cool that they saved their leader. I would tell my friends to read it."
Cami: I only had the time to read the first twenty pages but I definitely agree with Denver. It was a fun, quick read and the author nailed the voice of a 12yo boy. I asked Denver if he learned any lessons from the book. He said, "Well, yeah." Can you almost hear the voice, of course Mom, please don't make me elaborate.
If you're looking for an entertaining and clean read for your boys that will make you both laugh and maybe even teach some spiritual lessons, we would definitely recommend this book.
Read more or buy it on Amazon.
Epic Tales of a Misfit Hero's Facebook page.
Check back on Monday, Matt Peterson has generously offered to giveaway a print copy of Epic Tales of a Misfit Hero.
Powered by Blogger.
- ► 2017 (40)
- ► 2016 (68)
- ► 2015 (93)
- ► 2014 (124)
- ► 2013 (199)
- Dead Running and Dying to Run - Only $.99 and $20 ...
- Finding Baby Jesus - Book Review
- Love Rachel from Live to Read!
- Winner - Jeremy's Christmas Journey
- Crossroads by Mary Ting - Bookblast and $100 Amazo...
- Harry Potter, again
- Winner - Epic Tales of a Misfit Hero
- Guest Post - Kathie Deviny, Author of Death in the...
- Finding the Baby Jesus book blast - $50 Amazon car...
- Book Blast and $100 Amazon giveaway - Imperfectly ...
- Book Giveaway - Jeremy's Christmas Journey
- Dying to Run - Only $1.29
- Winner - A Timeless Romance Anthology
- Jeremy's Christmas Journey - Book Review
- Book Giveaway - Epic Tales of a Misfit Hero
- Dead Running Free
- Cover Reveal - Heart of the Ocean
- Winner - Deadly Chase
- Epic Tales of a Misfit Hero
- Book Giveaway - A Timeless Romance Anthology: Wint...
- Winners - The Broken Path
- Dead Running and Dying to Run Blog Tour
- A Timeless Romance Anthology - Winter Collection
- ▼ November (24)
- ► 2011 (85)
- ► 2010 (110)
My Favorite Sites
- My Devotional Thoughts
- I'd Rather Be Reading At The Beach
- I Am a Reader Not a Writer
- My Book a Day
- Blooming with Books
- We All Make Mistakes in Books
- Read Your Writes
- Brooklyn Berry Designs
- Fitness for Mom
- Getting Your Read On
- A Booklover Forever
- Amber Argyle
- Charity Writes
- Jen's Blog of Random Thoughts
- Cheryl's Book Nook
- Janet Jensen
- Diony George
- Rachelle Writes
- Good Clean Reads
- Lo Johnston Writing
- Rachel Ann Nunes, Author
- Socrates Book Reviews
- Jill Will Run
- The Book Bug
- The Book Journey
- Caution Redhead Running
- I Have Run
- Always Training Trio
- Hungry Runner Girl
- If I can't convince you - I'll atleast confuse you
- Just Me & My Running Shoes
- Just Trying is for Little Girls
- Larissa Milano Fitness
- Literary Time Out
- Miss Mae
- Mom and More
- Tristi Pinkston, LDS Author
- Pam's Wildrose Blog
- Reading with Monie
- Make it Simple Sister
- a journey in the shoes of a foodie, athlete & wife
- Run Fast Mommy
- Raketer Mama
- The Balanced Writer
- Princess Runs
- Tall Mom on the Run
- Running Diva Mom
- Running Rachel