Today's the day my friends! I'm running 45 miles to celebrate my 45th birthday tomorrow. While you're reading this I'm probably waddling along the road, wondering why I ever thought a 45 mile run was a good idea. I thought it would be fun to celebrate my run with a sale on books with a runner in them. A few years ago I wrote an article about why I love to run with a pic of me running. I'll paste them in below. If you also love to run I'd love to hear why. If you think I'm nuts please say a prayer for me. Hugs, Cami
1. Life goes too fast, running makes it feel slower.
2. There are sometimes blissful moments when I feel like I’m flying and running doesn’t hurt.
3. Running opens my mind and I can process, dream, and imagine.
4. Running makes me feel like a tough woman.
5. Running helps me justify eating more chocolate!
6. When I get the chance to run with friends we can solve issues like you wouldn’t believe. Everything from getting our babies to sleep through the night to whittling down the national debt.
7. Running races is absolutely miserable but you feel amazing after you’re done, like you’ve conquered the world.
8. I get to buy cute running clothes.
9. I love meeting new friends when I run races. The ones who will actually pull out their iPods and chat are my favorites because it’s kind of awkward yelling over their music that you want to be their friend.
10.To steal a quote from Oprah Winfrey, “Running is the greatest metaphor for life because you get out of if what you put into it.” Too true.